Panasonic is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to electric shavers. They are credited with creating some of the most innovative, most advanced, most efficient and most expensive high-end electric shavers in the market today. The only thing that Panasonic are not credited for is, delivering a mediocre, sub-standard shaver for their customers till date.
The top Panasonic electric foil shavers are powerful, fast and widely known to deliver the closest shave possible, thanks to their innovative and unique 4 and 5-blade cutting system. The Panasonic ES-LF51-A Arc4 shaver is a mid-line model in Panasonic’s electric foil shaver category. As the “Arc4” in the name suggests, the ES-LF51-A has a unique 4-blade cutting system built to deliver a very comfortable, no-irritation close shave. Currently priced around $100 on Amazon, the Panasonic ES-LF51-A has been gathering wide positive acclaims from both users and experts, for offering advanced features and a high quality performance despite being a mid-range shaver. Find out what we think about it, in our review below!
1) Arc4-Shaving System – Equipped with four Nano-Tech blades, the ES-LF51-A guarantees a smoother, closer and irritation-free shaving experience every time. The four Nano-Tech blades are among the sharpest in the industry, and together with an ultra-thin foil cutting system they provide a better coverage and cutting performance. The foil and the blades are made of stainless steel, which ensures that they stay sharp for longer period of time.
2) Flexible Pivoting Head – A flexible pivoting head is provided which follows your facial contours for an effortless and perfect shave. The head is designed to flex about 25 degrees back and forth, and 20 degrees right and left, to provide that greater extent of moving up and down your face reaching even the difficult parts (jawline, chin, neck). A handy feature which makes shaving quite easy, if you have never used a shaver with a pivot head before or are too tired (or lazy) to concentrate on your shaving!
3) Fast 14,000 CPM Linear Motor Drive – The Panasonic ES-LF51-A with a fast and powerful linear motor with a 14,000 cycles per minute drive. Rarely found in shavers priced under $100, this particular feature is what sets Panasonic apart from other brands on this range. The rapid motor drive ensures that there is a clean cutting of hair, with absolutely no tugging, pulling or irritation (which is the common compliant about the lower or mid range shavers). This also prevents inward hair growth, one of the worse side-effects of using electric shavers.
4) 30-Degrees Stainless Steel NanoTech Blades – The four ultra-sharp Nano blades are made of high quality stainless steel and are hypo-allergenic in nature, so there will be no irritation or redness of the skin. Also, these polished blades are honed with a 30-degree cutting edge, which ensures that the cutting happens at the base of the hair, for the ultimate precise cut. The lead foil also has slots cut in it, which enables it to cut and pre-trim the longer hair, so the overall cutting process is faster and more complete.
5) Easy to Clean – There is a very cool, sonic vibration clean mode for the ES-LF51-A which makes cleaning very easy. All you have to do, is switch on the sonic vibration mode and place it under running tap water. The sonic vibration gives rise to sonic waves of water, to give the running water that extra cleaning momentum, which cleanses out the foils and blades effectively. The foil and the switch can both be removed to reach the interior mechanism, while cleaning it under water. There is no need to buy an additional cleaning liquid or cleaning station to maintain the top condition of the blades, which shaves you extra cost.
6) Additional Features – The Panasonic ES-LF51-A allows you to shave dry or wet while using a shaving foam or gel. You can also take it into the shower with you, as it has a 100% water-proof body. There is an additional slide-up trimmer provided in the shaver, which allows you to trim your moustache, sideburns and beard with a higher precision. A five-stage LED indicator displays the amount of charge that is left in the battery, saving you from the possible risk of running out of charge while shaving. There is a Lock feature available too, that locks your shaver safely in a “off” mode thus ensuring that the device doesn’t get turned on by accident, say while travelling.
- Excellent Close Shave;
- Easy to Clean;
- Long Battery Life (45 minutes on a full recharge of 1 hour);
- Wet/Dry Shaving;
- Switch-Lock feature.
- A bit noisy (emits a high pitch noise, due to its super fast 14,000 CPM motor);
- LED Display, instead of a more informative LCD Display;
- Cannot be used while plugged in (safety feature built-in for the less bright individuals who may plan on taking it into the shower along with the cord).
The Panasonic ES-LF51-A is every bit an excellent device. What makes it even more enticing, is its supremely affordable price! You cannot get a better performing and more durable electrical shaver, that is Made in Japan (and not China) in its price-range. Period. All of Panasonic’s Arc shavers have excellent performance ratings, as does the ES-LF51-A. With Panasonic’s trusted brand name, you can be assured that even though it is an under $100 gadget, it will deliver a performance far superior than its price tag suggests!