Philips Norelco PT730 is the newest version of a historically great series of Philips electric razors. It’s much quieter than the model before it and delivers an even smoother and more comfortable shave. One of the best things about this razor is that it has an extremely competitive price. It’s comparable to a safety razor, from this point of view, which means it’s a product that offers a lot of value for its price. The PT730 is one of the best-selling electric razors. It has a good balance between performance and price.
Features of Philips Norelco PT730
- DualPrecision shaving heads – It’s designed to deliver a great shave, cutting both long and short hair. It has distinct features to deal with longer hair and shorter stubble.
- Super Lift & Cut – It has 2 sets of blades. The first blade lifts the hair, preparing it for the second one to cut close to the skin. This disposition of blades ensures a shave that is both close and comfortable.
- Flex & Float System – The head of this razor is capable of adjusting to the curves of your face and neck, making sure to always maintain skin contact.
- Pop-up Precision Trimmer – On the side it features a precision trimmer that you can use to style your beard. It’s fairly easy to use and is well positioned.
- Cordless & corded use
- Fast charge – It charges quickly in only 3 minutes, offering up to 45 minutes of cordless use.
- Completely washable
- Led indicator – It has different signals for when the razor’s battery is low, charging and full.
Most men who have used this razor have reported to experience a close, comfortable shave. Some people said it’s also a great choice as a head shaver.
One of the very well designed features is the trimmer. Did you ever have trouble using the trimmer, not being able to see what you were doing because the razor head was in the way? You will not experience that with the Philips Norelco PT730. The trimmer is narrow and high enough, so you can easily maneuver it, styling your facial hair exactly how you want it.
As with almost any product, this too has some weak points. The motor on this razor is not the most powerful that I’ve tested, meaning it will take more time to shave than with other electric razors. If you shave daily though, it will get the job done really fast, so you don’t have to plan on extending your morning routine.
On the other hand, if you prefer shaving once every few days, and your beard gets tougher, then you might want to check out a razor with a more powerful motor, like the above mentioned Philips Norelco 1280x or the Panasonic ES-LV81-K.
- Power cord
- Cleaning brush
- Protective cap for shaving assembly
- There is a weakness to point out at this stage. It lacks a travel pouch. It would have probably been too much to ask at this price.
This Philips razor feels very comfortable in hand, thanks to its design and low weight. It’s fairly easy to maneuver. The rubberized area offers a secure grip.
A disadvantage at this aspect is the fact that the plastic that the razor is made of is just not refined enough. It’s surprising for a Philips electric razor, which are more high-end, like the Philips Norelco 1280X and the 1290X models. But then again, it’s one of the most affordable electric razors.
Overall, most people are happy with the design and ease of use of this razor.
Philips Norelco PT730 is an electric razor that offers a lot of value for money. Yes, it has some minor drawbacks, but nothing that should keep it from doing well what it’s supposed to. It’s cheap to run; the manufacturer advising buyers to change the shaving head once a year, but you might notice that it will maintain a close and comfortable shave longer than that. It’s recommended for anyone looking to give electric shaving a try. Philips also offers a 45 day money-back guarantee.