Having used electric razors for some time now, I acquired what I consider to be an informed opinion in selecting the perfect razor which will suit the skin of my face. This is exactly what I want you to gain, the perspective to generate a perfectly informed opinion when choosing a product you use on a daily basis.
A product you use daily may have a greater or smaller impact on the course of your day, especially a razor, that you use every morning, may be the source of a fresh feeling all day long or the start of an unending headache.
Choosing a product like a razor may leave you hopelessly wandering from one item to the other with the high number of options available on the market these days. This is why I decided to make it easy for you presenting the top razors that I have tested and rated.
Why should you use an electric razor?
More and more people are using electric razors nowadays. With the advances in technology an electric razor can give you as perfect a shave as any other type of razor. The fact that many electric razors today can be used as well on dry skin as on wet skin, with shaving cream or gel, makes the electric razor the perfect razor of choice, especially if you want to benefit of both comfortable dry shaves and refreshing wet shaves. An electric razor offers the convenience to shave whenever and wherever you want.
What about skin irritation?
I have used several electric razors in the past and always experienced some degree of irritation on my neck. No matter how long I used these razors (allowing for the adjustment) my neck would be irritated and had a slight burning feeling after the shave. I can truly say that after using it just a couple of times, I saw the irritation becoming less and less noticeable. Now, after using Philips Norelco 1280X SensoTouch 3d for over a month I have no irritation after I shave. I have used this razor dry, wet and with shaving gel. I get the closest shave I have ever gotten with an electric razor.
How easy is it to clean?
The Jet Clean system cleans, lubricates, and charges your razor all in one spot. No more stress cleaning your razor after every shave. With the new Jet Clean system you just have to put your razor into the cleaning device, push a button and you may consider your razor ready for another precise and comfortable shave.
The click-on beard styler was designed to be used with Philips Norelco SensoTouch. It gives you the flexibility to create any look you want. The 5 different length settings give you the possibility to keep a pretty long beard and still look well trimmed.
Philips Norelco 1280X SensoTouch 3d Review
– Pros and Cons –
- More gentle than a razor blade;
- 3D contouring adjusts seamlessly to every curve of the face;
- Ultra Track heads catch every hair type; SkinGlide ensures a comfortable and smooth shave;
- Aquatec technology allows for use with foam or without foam;
- Jet Clean station cleans, lubricates, and charges the razor;
- Philips electric razors are very reliable. Philips is very confident about their Sensotouch 3d series electric razors, offering a 45 days money back guarantee and a 2 year warranty, should anything happen to your razor.
- If your new razor squeaks return it before use for a new one! It seems like Norelco does have a slight quality control issue with that part, although it doesn’t affect functionality.
What’s in the box?
- SensoTouch 3D 1280x/42 or 1280x/47
- Jet Clean system (also serves as a charging station)
- Jet Clean solution
- Soft pouch for travel and storage
- Protective cap
- Power cord
- Cleaning brush