If you would like to learn how to shave with an electric razor, you’re in the right place. Theoretically, using an electric razor is the most convenient and efficient way to shave. But so many men, across the world, don’t get the results that they do with a simple blade and shaving cream. With the right preparation and the proper technique, though, you can get that close shave that you’re looking for, with an electric razor.
Easy guide on how to shave with an electric razor and get desired results
1. Always keep the blades on your electric razor clean. You’ll find specific information on this in the user’s manual. Many of the recent electric razors have cleaning systems which will keep this task off your head. You just place your razor in the cleaning system and it will be ready the next time you need to use it.
2. Regularly change the blades or the shaving heads of your razor. Under normal use, they will last about a year. After that, you might notice reduced performance.
3. Take a bath or a shower before you shave with an electric razor, especially the first time around. The hot water will open your pores and soften the hairs, which will lead to a more comfortable and close shave.
4. Shave against you hair-growth direction. Avoid going many times over the same spots as this may result into skin irritation. Use your other hand to pull your skin tight in order to get the closest possible shave.
5. Finish your shave by applying an aftershave or a moisturizer. Due to the alcohol content of aftershaves, you might experience dry skin and stinginess, unless you have oily skin, which doesn’t react so bad to aftershaves. If you have sensitive skin, switch to a moisturizer, which is generally more preferable.